Application of NFPA 99: Electrical Systems Program
1 Day = 7 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Expand your knowledge of electrical systems and electrical equipment during this overview of NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code. The one-day program will detail Chapter 6 and Chapter 10 of NFPA 99 code book. It will cover application as well as the inspection, maintenance and testing of electrical systems. The course will expand on essential electrical systems and will detail different electrical equipment and requirements.
Topics that are discussed in this course include:
- Navigating and using NFPA 99
- System risk categories
- Electrical systems
- Electrical equipment
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Design and construction project managers
- Contractors whose work impacts the electrical distribution system
- Those who are new to the health care facility field
- Navigate through NFPA 99 with the ability to locate electrical information
- Identify and implement prescriptive inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements located in NFPA 99
- Determine which aspects of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 pertain to new facilities, and which requirements pertain to existing facilities
- Assess a health facility’s compliance with requirements of NFPA 99
Please note: Participants will receive a copy of NFPA 99®, Health Care Facilities, 2012 edition. The course has been updated to reflect the 2012 edition, which CMS required beginning in November of 2016. *If you are attending an in-person session, only loaner books which will need to be returned will be provided for use during the program day, these will need to be returned to ASHE, and will not be available for sale onsite. Please feel free to bring your own copy of the book if you like.
Become an ASHE member to receive the discounted rate along with all the Society has to offer!
If you’re not an ASHE member, a membership can be added during the registration process to receive the member rate.
- ASHE Member: $595
- Nonmember of ASHE: $695
|8 a.m.-12 p.m.
|Lunch (on your own)
Registration fees, less a $75 cancellation fee, are refundable if written notice is received five working days prior to the program. Membership payment to renew/join ASHE is not refundable nor transferable. Please email a cancellation request to ASHE at email@example.com or call 312-422-3800. Registrants unable to attend may send an alternate. If the alternate is not a member, the non-member fee will be applied. Transferring is subject to availability. No on-site substitutions will be allowed. ASHE reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the program due to insufficient registration.
ASHE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and strives to ensure that no individual with a disability is deprived of the opportunity to participate in this program solely by reason of that disability. Through its agents, ASHE will provide reasonable accommodations for a candidate with a disability who requests accommodations. Requests can be made by sending a written request 30 days in advance of the event to ASHE at firstname.lastname@example.org.