Vote in the 2021 ASHE Election
All eligible current ASHE members as of August 13, 2021 will be able to cast their vote for President-Elect and Advisory Board – Associate Member.
- President-Elect. The person elected for this role will serve a one year term as President-Elect (from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022) before taking office as ASHE President from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Advisory Board - Associate Member. The Advisory Board - Associate Member will serve a two-year term that begins January 1, 2022 and ends December 31, 2023.
- All eligible current ASHE members as of July 31, 2021, who reside in the following Regions are also able to cast a vote for one candidate in their Region.
- Advisory Board Members. Advisory Board Members from Regions 3, 6, 7, 8, and 10 will serve a two-year term that begins January 1, 2022 and ends December 31, 2023. Advisory Board Members in other regions will be elected next year. Members residing in the following states are eligible to cast their vote for one candidate in their Region.
- Region 3: Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Region 6: Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Manitoba, Northwest Territories and Ontario
- Region 7: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Region 8: Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
- Region 10: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Yukon
As in years past, voting will be done online. To make your voting experience easier, on Tuesday, August 31, you will receive an email from Association Elections with a direct link to the elections website, which will include information about the candidates. This will be your unique voting link. Once you vote, your link will be disabled.
Voting opens Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. CT.
Voting closes Monday, September 20, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
For questions regarding ASHE elections, please contact Election Secretary, Charmaine Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Elections officially opened on Tuesday, August 31. You should have received an email from Association Elections with a direct link to the elections website. This will be your unique voting link. Once you access the link to vote and submit your vote, the link it will be disabled. You will not be allowed to reuse the link to make any changes to your votes.
How do I see a candidate’s information?
After clicking your unique link you will see a green “Start” button at the bottom of the page. Click the “Start” button to see the candidate ballot for this election. Each ballot will list all the candidates for that specific election.
Underneath each candidate’s photo are two (2) green buttons “Statement” and “Video”. Click on the “Statement” button to read the candidate’s bio and personal letter. Click on the “Video” button to view a personal video of that candidate.
After viewing the candidate’s information and video, click on the gray “Back” button at the top of the page to return to the candidate ballot.
When you are ready to vote, click the white radio button, next to the photo of your preferred candidate. NOTE: there is also an “I prefer not to vote” radio button. If you choose not to vote for any of the candidates on that particular ballot.
Once you’ve made your selection you will see a confirmation of your vote at the bottom of each ballot. When you are ready to cast your vote, click the green “Submit Your Vote” button. Once your vote is submitted it cannot be changed.
NOTE: Your vote will not be counted/tabulated until you hit the green “Submit Your Vote” button.
How many candidates can I vote for?
All members are eligible to cast one (1) vote for the following candidates:
- President-Elect candidate
- Associate Member - Advisory Board candidate
Members in Regions 3, 6, 7, 8, and 10 are also eligible to cast one (1) vote for their candidate of choice to represent their region for the Advisory Board.
Will I get a chance to review my selections?
Yes, at the bottom of each ballot you can review your selection. Once you hit the green, “Submit Your Vote," your vote for that ballot will be entered and your vote cannot be changed.
Once you have finished voting you will see a confirmation page, indicating that your vote has been submitted and tabulated. You will be allowed to print a confirmation of your vote with the date, time, your name, and member ID.
If by chance you do not receive the email from Association Elections or have trouble with the unique link, please follow the instructions listed below to cast your vote online.
- Log in to the election system by clicking
- You will need to enter your ASHE member ID number and last name.
- Please enter your 10-digit ASHE member ID number (including any leading zeros).
- Your password is your last name (e.g., John Smith’s password would be Smith). The password is not case-sensitive.
- Refer to the information at the top of this page for instructions on how to cast your vote online.
Am I eligible to vote?
You are eligible to vote if you are an active, dues-paying Professional, Associate, Positional (e.g., VA), Lifetime, or Retired member as of August 13, 2021.
Is my ballot confidential?
Yes. ASHE staff members do not have access to online voting records. Paper ballots, however, are manually entered into the online system by the Elections Secretary. A third-party contractor, Association Elections, then reviews and confirms the ballots and independently tallies the winners. The ASHE staff does not have access to voting trends during the voting cycle.
Why did I receive an error message?
- If you received an error message that says, “The ID you entered is incorrect,” please check your membership number and re-enter your 10-digit ID number including all leading zeros.
- If you receive an error message that says, “A vote has already been recorded for this membership number,” that means that you have already voted. You cannot vote more than once.
When does voting close?
For your vote to be counted in the 2020 election, your ballot must be received by:
- Online voting must be received by 11:59 p.m. (CT), Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Paper ballots must be received by 11:59 p.m. (CT), Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
When will the results be announced?
The results of the ASHE election will be communicated to the membership in the October 12, 2021 issue of the HFM Insider.
Any technical issues or other questions regarding the election process, must be submitted in writing to Charmaine Osborne at email@example.com