Electrical Systems for Health Care Facilities e-Learning Program
12 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Increase your understanding of electrical systems, the lifeblood of the health care facility.
Without electrical power, all other systems and utilities are at a standstill in health facilities, making electrical power critical to health care.
This online course focuses primarily on hospital electrical systems, but is also applicable to other types of health care facilities where the electrical distribution system is required to be designed, constructed, and maintained with special provisions based on the care that is provided and health related services offered in that facility.
Provided with the course:
- A physical copy of ASHE’s Electrical Systems Handbook for Health Care Facilities, shipped to the address provided with registration
- Narrated presentations
- Links to websites
- ASHE monographs
- Resources accessed through the ASHE website
In addition, you will have the opportunity to connect with ASHE experts during the e-Learning course to answer any questions you may have.
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Design and construction project managers
- Contractors whose work impacts the electrical distribution system
- Those who are new to the health care facility field
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Manage the electrical distribution system including the Essential Electrical System to be compliant the 2012 editions of NFPA 101, NFPA 99 along with their referenced codes & standards as required by CMS.
- Develop and administer a program for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of electrical distribution system components in health care facilities
- Integrate hazard vulnerability analysis into management of the electrical distribution system
- Plan for and schedule electrical system shutdowns for maintenance, repair and construction
- Member: $455
- Nonmember: $585
ASHE membership can be added during the registration process to receive the discounted rate along with all the society has to offer!
Total: 12 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager (CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) credential.
Once registration is completed, you will receive your ASHE Electrical Systems for Health Care Facilities e-Learning website link, user name, and password within two business days. The Electrical Systems Handbook will also be shipped to the address provided in the registration form.
Please note that the course is self-paced, and you have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register. If you do not receive your log-in information within 24 hours, please contact ASHE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prefer to take this course in-person?Learn more