2020 PDC Summit Webinar Series
Oncology Evolution: How Multidisciplinary Care is Impacting Design
September 10, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. CT
- Angela Mazzi, AIA, ACHA, EDAC, Medical Planner, GBBN Architects
- Mark Witte, Executive Director, TriHealth Cancer Institute
- Michael Lied, LEED, AP, Principal, Director of Healthcare, GBBN Architects
As cancer treatment evolves, why aren’t our treatment facilities? At a time when this service line is growing and health systems are expanding their programs, the planning, design and construction industry cannot afford a business as usual approach. Accommodating technology while providing nice aesthetics is no hallmark of success when fragmented treatment sites and siloed care leave patients and clinicians feeling isolated and frustrated. It’s time for oncology facilities to reflect treatment’s evolution towards integration. In this session, we will explore how to leverage a multidisciplinary care platform to create a comprehensive care setting. Learn how to develop a comprehensive space strategy that supports a spectrum of services from early detection through treatment and survivorship. Using TriHealth’s recently opened Thomas Center for Comprehensive Care as an example, we will explore the business model for The Cancer Institute and how the new facility design defines a new standard for patient care.
- Define multidisciplinary care and the impacts it can have in oncology settings
- Distinguish when free-standing or hospital campus settings are most appropriate for the program
- Identify physical environment factors that impact staff collaboration within and across service lines
- List strategies to connect the built environment with wellbeing for patients and staff
This webinar is worth 1 CEC and 1 AIA LU|HSW
ASHE Members/PDC Registrants: $40
ASHE is an approved AIA Continuing Education Provider. If you’d like us to report your attendance to this webinar to AIA, please have your 8 digit AIA membership number ready for input at the end of the webinar. We cannot submit to AIA without this number.
PDC Resource Center
Tips & Tools from our Sponsors
Comprehensive Healthcare Infrastructure for Critical Preparedness - Schneider Electric
Healthcare facility compliance simplified - Grainger
Redfining what's possible in clinical delivery - Mortenson
Is your facility safe from legionella - Watts WaterProviding Code Compliant Penetrations with EZ-Path® - Specified Technologies Inc.