Managing Infection Prevention in Health Care Facilities
Support your organization’s ability to improve patient safety and reduce health care-associated infections (HAIs) by learning infection prevention best practices from those practicing in the field.
Champion the reduction of HAIs in your health care facility by learning proven methods based on evidence-based scenarios. Improve patient safety by gaining new infection prevention tools and new techniques shared by experts experienced in the heavily regulated health care environment.
Register for an Upcoming Live Program
Event Begins: Tue, Nov 07, 2023
Host a Program
Can’t send your team off-site to get the training they need? Let us bring the educational opportunities to you! Bring ASHE’s expert faculty members to your organization.Learn more
This program outlines the basic principles of infection transmission and prevention and teaches you how to leverage evidence-based tools and techniques to monitor infection in health care facilities. The program details airborne and waterborne pathogens and their impact on patient safety, and risk assessment/mitigation to prevent the spread of infection. It also outlines potential legal issues that can affect facilities not prioritizing infection prevention.
What you will learn:
- Create and maintain work areas that support the facility's infection prevention protocols.
- Explain the importance of conducting an infection control risk assessment (ICRA) for every project.
- Describe the intent of the various compliance, regulatory standard, and guideline-setting agencies, including The Joint Commission, the Facility Guidelines Institute, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Why should you take Managing Infection Prevention in Health Care Facilities?
Decrease the number of HAIs at your facility.
Protect your facility from the spread of infection by using proven techniques and helpful tools.
Assure your facility’s code compliance with health care regulations such as those from The Joint Commission, the Facility Guidelines Institute and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Basic principles of infection transmission and prevention
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Tools and monitoring
- Water systems in health care
- Risk and legal issues
- Contractors working in health care environments
- Health care facility managers
- Construction project managers
- Maintenance personnel
- Infection prevention professionals
- Environmental care professionals
- CECs: 12 CECs
- Price: ASHE Member: $445 | Nonmember: $545
- CECs: 17.5 CECs
- Price: ASHE Member: $695 | Nonmember: $895
ASHE Members Save on Registration
ASHE members save on educational programs and much more! Members benefit from best-in-class tools, products, education, and training to ensure a safe environment for workers, hospital staff, visitors, and patients.