Working in Health Care: Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker Education & Exam Review
4 CECs – 1/2 Day (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
7 CECS – 1 Day (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
As a subcontractor or specialty contractor, it’s important to understand the complexities of working in a health care construction environment…
This face-to-face program offers training for subcontractors, specialty contractors and those who are working in the health care environment. Participants will gain knowledge of the unique intricacies of working in a hospital or other health care facility, and can showcase their participation in this program to market their subcontractor or specialty contractor services.
Topics covered in this program include risks to patients during construction; fundamentals of Life Safety and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM); infection prevention; equipment and systems unique to health care facilities; and customer and patient expectations.
Provided with this program:
- Course materials that supplement your learning
- Certificate of course completion that can be used to market your knowledge
- Recognition on ashe.org upon course completion
- Specialty contractors
- It is recommended that general contractors and construction project managers take ASHE’s ASHE’s Health Care Construction Certificate Workshop and that at least one person on the job site has the Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certification It is then recommended that anyone else on the job site should be a Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the construction and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement the precautions required for construction in a health care facility to ensure safe and effective healing environments are maintained during a project.
Become an ASHE member to receive the discounted rate along with all the Society has to offer!
If you’re not an ASHE member, a membership can be added during the registration process to receive the member rate.
- ASHE Member: $365
- •Nonmember of ASHE: $465
*If hosted by “ABCDE GROUP” - The host organization determines pricing, registration, and coordination of these hosted programs/events. Registrations for hosted programs are not transferable to other ASHE programs.
General Daily Schedule
|7-8 a.m.||Check-in/continental breakfast|
|8 a.m.-12 p.m.||Program|
|12-1 p.m.||Lunch (on your own)|
Please check the program registration site and confirmation email for hotel & program location. If you have any questions, please call 312-422-3800.
Registration fees, less a $75 cancellation fee, are refundable if written notice is received five working days prior to the program. Membership payment to renew/join ASHE is not refundable nor transferable. Please email a cancellation request to ASHE at email@example.com or call 312-422-3800. Registrants unable to attend may send an alternate. If the alternate is not a member, the non-member fee will be applied. Transferring is subject to availability. No on-site substitutions will be allowed. ASHE reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the program due to insufficient registration.
ASHE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and strives to ensure that no individual with a disability is deprived of the opportunity to participate in this program solely by reason of that disability. Through its agents, ASHE will provide reasonable accommodations for a candidate with a disability who requests accommodations. Requests can be made by sending a written request 30 days in advance of the event to ASHE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 22, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Registration coming soon.
November 11-12, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Registration coming soon.
*Dates and locations are subject to change.
ASHE programs hosted by other organizations. Pricing, registration, and coordination of these events are determined by the organization, not ASHE. Those who register for the following courses will not be able to transfer to another course due to separate registration processes.
This course is also available as a hosted program.