Medical Gas Cylinder Storage e-Learning Course | ASHE
2 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Understand the Storage and use of Medical Gas Cylinder with the 2012 Edition of NFPA 99 in Mind.
The storage and use of medical gas cylinders is a seemingly simple task. However, there are several key regulations that will affect a hospital’s strategy for locating, storing, and using cylinders. This e-learning course will help guide users to understand the separation of cylinders, the meaning of “in-use” and physical storage of containers, transfilling gases, transportation, signage, and labeling requirements. This course will also provide users with key code references to the 2012 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code.
- Facility managers and directors
- Compliance officers
- Environmental or safety managers
- Navigate through NFPA 99 with the ability to locate information that pertains to gas cylinder storage
- Identify and implement gas cylinder storage policies and procedures for your facility
- Determine which aspects of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 pertain to new facilities, and which requirements pertain to existing facilities
- Assess a health facility’s compliance with requirements of NFPA 99
The registration fees for the Medical Gas Cylinder Storage e-Learning course are:
- Member: $80
- Nonmember: $180
Become an ASHE member to receive the discounted rate along with all the Society has to offer!
Total: 2 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager (CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) credential.
Once registration is completed, you will receive your ASHE Medical Gas Cylinder Storage e-Learning Course website link, user name, and password within two business days. Please note that the course is self-paced, and you have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register. If you do not receive your log-in information within 24 hours, please contact ASHE at email@example.com.