2020 PDC Summit Webinar Series
Feeling Vulnerable? Assess Your Facility for Disaster Preparedness
September 24, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. CT
- Mike Zorich, PE, LEED AP
- Franchesca Charney, RN, MS, CPHRM, CPPS, CPHQ, CPSO, DFASHRM, Director of Risk Management, ASHRM
When disaster strikes, hospitals and health care systems are on the front line of ensuring the safety of the community and the existing vulnerable patient population. Power outages, water shortages, major accidents and natural disasters can’t be allowed to stop your facility from providing lifesaving care to those who need it. This purpose can only be served if your hospital is resilient.
This presentation provides an outline for the first step in the resiliency process: assessing your facility’s vulnerability. A cross-section of health care stakeholders – an owner, risk manager, architect, and MEP engineer – will discuss the six stages of a thorough vulnerability assessment to determine where your facility may be at risk and the steps required for mitigation.
By taking proactive steps and making concrete plans to further the disaster preparedness of your facility, you’ll be better equipped to answer the call of your community when the worst occurs.
- Explain the risks associated with an outdated or incomplete disaster preparedness plan
- Prepare the components of a comprehensive vulnerability assessment
- Identify the four key areas your vulnerability assessment team should include to cover the full spectrum of threats
- List the tools and resources available for conducting a comprehensive vulnerability assessment
This webinar is worth 1 CEC and 1 AIA LU|HSW
ASHE Members/PDC Registrants: $40
ASHE is an approved AIA Continuing Education Provider. If you’d like us to report your attendance to this webinar to AIA, please have your 8 digit AIA membership number ready for input at the end of the webinar. We cannot submit to AIA without this number.