ASHE’s Gold Standard Awards for Health Care Facility Energy Savings
The Energy to Care Sustainability Champion recognizes facilities that demonstrate leadership in health care sustainability. Multiple facilities are eligible to win this distinguished award on an annual basis. Applications are now closed for the Sustainability Champion Award.
Criteria to win this award include:
- Track energy, water and greenhouse gas emissions in the Energy to Care Dashboard.
- To learn more and begin tracking, click here.
- Facilities are required to provide Professional Engineer (PE) verification.
- Facility must have an ENERGY STAR score 75 or above.
- Facility must be an ENERGY STAR Certified Hospital (must have been certified in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021).
- Facility or system must have a published Sustainability Statement.
- Facility or system must have a designated Sustainability Champion on staff or sustainability lead on staff.
- Facility must have a designated Green Team.
How to WIN and be RECOGNIZED?
- The Energy to Care Sustainability Champion Award is application only process.
- Applications are now closed.
- Winners will be notified no later than May 15, 2022.
- Winners will be recognized at the 2022 ASHE Annual Conference, July 17 – 20, 2022 in Boston, MA.
- Awards, award logos, letter of recognition, and information on purchasing award logo wear will be sent to facilities teams and the senior leader by September 1, 2022.
- Sustainability Champions will be recognized on the Energy to Care website and in ASHE publications. Champions must agree to submit photos of the facility and access to team members to be interviewed for publications.
For the full 2022 Energy to Care awards criteria overview, please download the PDF file at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Energy to Care Helpdesk at email@example.com.
ASHE’s Premier Award for Energy Reduction Excellence
Celebrate the Energy to Care 2022 Sustainability Champion Award winners. See this year's recipients below.
The Energy Champion Award is given out once per year to honor facilities that have demonstrated outstanding leadership in energy efficiency. Hospitals and medical office buildings participating in Energy to Care that have an ASHE member on staff are eligible for this prestigious award.
Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Carilion Rockbridge Community Hospital
Aurora Medical Center in Manitowoc County