Lunch & Learn Series:
How Better Parking Improves Your Patients' Experience
According to Deloitte’s 2015 Survey of US Health Care Consumers’ study, “Hospitals with high patient-reported experience scores have higher profitability”. Ease of traveling to the facility/car parking is listed 8th in level of importance by patients when they ranked “Important factors in patient health care experience”. Learn how parking innovation and technological improvements now provide simple solutions to reduce stress on patients and visitors. These parking solutions also improve appointment on time rates, sustainability figures due to less driving, and efficiency of garage utilization.
In this presentation we will discuss:
- Improved parking = higher Overall Star Rating and HCAHPS Rating = because patients consider parking part of their hospital experience
- Understand what parking guidance is and how it can improve your patient and visitor experience
- Learn how optimizing your garage reduces the time to park whilst reducing patient and visitor stress
- Explore how adding Automated Parking Guidance System can help administer your staff parking and increase your parking revenue
- See for yourself the unique viewpoint an Automated Parking Guidance System provides to your security and surveillance operation
Pete Messman, General Manager, North America
The General Manager of North America for TKH Security (formerly Park Assist), Pete Messman manages and furthers the growth of the market. However, his primary focus is on the innovation of feature-rich and technologically advanced parking solutions.
With more than 11 years of experience in the parking industry, Pete has worked with several well-known companies focusing on a variety of different specialties, such as hardware (PARCS at DESIGNA), software (Permits and Enforcement at NuPark) and sustainability (lighting at Green Lighting Technologies).
Pete currently lives in Arlington, VA, with his wife and three kids. He enjoys spending time outdoors camping or hiking or at the beach, coaching his kids’ sports teams, and traveling.
Information provided by
Original Air Date:
Thursday, November 10, 2022
12:00pm - 1:00pm CST
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Lunch & Learn program and is not eligible for CEUs.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by presenters in this Lunch & Learn should not be construed as directly representing the views of the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE). ASHE does not endorse any products or services promoted in this Lunch & Learn.