Application of NFPA 99 in Health Care Facilities e-Learning
16 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code e-learning provides minimum health care facility requirements covering a broad spectrum of applications. The 2012 edition contains the most extensive changes since the inception of NFPA 99, including the change from a standard to a code and the shift to a risk-based approach. This course examines each topic area covered by the 2012 edition of NFPA 99.
Other codes and standards are also referenced by NFPA 99. Where pertinent, these other codes and standards will be examined during this e-Learning course to provide a more complete understanding of NFPA 99 and how it is applied to health care facilities.
Topics that are discussed in this e-learning course include:
- Navigating and using NFPA 99
- System risk categories
- Gas and vacuum systems
- Gas equipment
- Electrical systems
- Electrical equipment
- Information and communication systems
- Plumbing systems
- Emergency management
- Security management
- Fire safety
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Environmental or safety managers
- Navigate through NFPA 99 with the ability to locate information
- Identify and implement prescriptive inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements located in NFPA 99
- Determine which aspects of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 pertain to new facilities, and which requirements pertain to existing facilities
- Assess a health facility’s compliance with requirements of NFPA 99
The registration fees for the Application of NFPA 99 in Health Care Facilities e-Learning Course are:
- Member: $400
- Nonmember: $500
Become an ASHE member to receive the discounted rate along with all the Society has to offer!
Once registration is completed, you will receive your ASHE Electrical Systems for Health Care Facilities e-Learning website link, user name, and password within two business days. The Electrical Systems Handbook will also be shipped to the address provided in the registration form.
Please note that the course is self-paced, and you have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register. If you do not receive your log-in information within 24 hours, please contact ASHE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prefer to take this course in person?
This course is also available as a hosted program.