Lunch & Learn Series:
Infection Control During Health Care Renovations: ICRA 2.0 Revisited
ASHE’s recently revised infection control risk assessment guide offers improvements and clarifications to assist with prevention planning for healthcare construction projects. Since STARC’s expert panelists first began sharing their insights on ICRA 2.0 almost a year ago, they’ve received a ton of questions and valuable feedback from the field. Join them now for a refresher on their original discussion, as well as new insights gleaned over the past several months. Be sure to bring your questions about ICRA 2.0 adoption!
In this presentation we will discuss:
- Find out how ICRA 2.0 can help ensure safer healthcare renovations
- Review the newly added separate table, which includes more complete instructions for the cleaning and removal of critical barriers as minimal requirements
- Familiarize yourself with the updated Matrix of Precautions
- Review significant changes to Class I, II, III & IV activities – and learn about the new Class V requirements
- See how premier solutions, engineered with safety in mind, are reducing risks associated with construction for patients, caregivers, staff, and visitors
- Janet Haas, PhD, RN, CIC, Principal Consulting Epidemiologist, Innovative Infection Prevention
- Leon Young, MT (ASCP) Network Infection Prevention Manager, Facilities and Construction, Allegheny Health Network
- Bruce Bickford, Vice President of Product Development, STARC Systems
Information provided by
Original Air Date
Thursday, November 17, 2022
12:00pm - 1:00pm CST
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Lunch & Learn program and is not eligible for CEUs.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by presenters in this Lunch & Learn should not be construed as directly representing the views of the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE). ASHE does not endorse any products or services promoted in this Lunch & Learn.