The nomenclature standards are currently released as draft version 0.9.
A formal version 1.0 release will follow once the ASHE Operational Excellence Committee and the FGI HGRC Steering Committee have finalized their reviews.
Health Care Facilities Management Data Nomenclature Standards
Supported by ASHE and FGI, a group of health care professionals developed five classifications schemas for the following data sets:
- Functional Areas (departments)
- Building Systems
- Building System Assets
These classification schemas are designed to provide health care planners, designers, and operators
with a common nomenclature, and to generate these benefits for health care facilities departments:
- Simplify the maintenance of reliable building master records.
- Simplify and streamline health care facility risk management.
- Increase compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support benchmarking.
- Increase visibility into total cost of ownership.