Operation Decarbonization: A Sustainability Game Plan for Health Care Facilities
A Sustainability Game Plan for Health Care Facilities
Today, health care facilities are striving to become more sustainable, reduce their energy consumption and decarbonize. Facing energy systems that run on fossil fuels and tight budgets, health care teams need a holistic and strategic game plan to ignite action.
This e-Learning course invigorates interdisciplinary teams to get involved in decarbonizing their health care facility. It's essential to have buy-in from a variety of roles and levels to address pain points and identify opportunities for improvement.
A variety of roles and levels can benefit from participation in this course, including:
- Health care facility managers and teams
- Consultants and designers
- Frontline care staff
- Supply chain staff
- Executive leadership and decision-makers
- Sustainability professionals
Operation Decarbonization Helps Health Care Facilities
Construct a compelling business case to support decision-making and encourage buy-in from key stakeholders.
Build cross-functional teams that work collaboratively to achieve sustainability goals.
Establish a project-specific action plan to accomplish decarbonization and sustainability targets.
Learn about the objectives of each module of this program below:
- Identify sources of carbon emissions.
- Describe the role of health care facilities in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Consider your role in operation decarbonization.
- Define how your organization's mission is supported by your facility’s decarbonization efforts.
- Frame your mission in compelling terms.
- Set priorities for Operation Decarbonization.
- Build a cross-functional collaborative decarbonization team.
- Identify role-specific duties.
- Use cross-functional language to grow understanding.
- Measure your own facility’s baseline energy usage and carbon footprint.
- Identify areas of opportunity where improvements can be made to reduce waste or improve efficiency.
- Interpret data to support prioritization and decision-making.
- Communicate how a decarbonization plan promotes long term viability by reducing risk.
- Calculate and communicate the costs and benefits of decarbonization actions –as well as the cost of inaction.
- Develop financial acumen to improve likely action and support.
- Frame actionable proposals in terms that promote returns on investment that contribute to overall patient well-being.
- Identify necessary components to drive and communicate actions to accomplish a decarbonization goal.
- Specify the steps required to meet a prescribed decarbonization goal.
- Tailor action plans to match the complexity of a project.
- Expand your cross-functional team to work collaboratively to achieve sustainability goals.
- Establish project-specific action plans to make measurable progress on sustainability.
- Grow support for ongoing sustainability efforts through measured results and value-based messaging.
- Improve your long-term strategy to approach decarbonization and other sustainability targets.
Experience it for Yourself
Fill out this form to receive special complimentary access to "Module 1: The Game Plan" today!
Registration Options Available
This e-Learning can be completed as a standalone course or as the first training tier of the HealQuestTM program.
Self-paced, interactive, and available when it's most convenient for you.Register
This course is the first step to promote cultural changes toward sustainability at your organization. Get your whole organization involved.Learn more
- Member: $150
- Nonmember: $200
Note: If taken as part of the HealQuest program, this course is covered in the cost of HealQuest.
Further your professional development with this e-learning course. Upon completion, participants can earn 4 continuing education credits toward certification renewal.
Learn more about the numerous live and on-demand programs ASHE offers to further the professional development of health care facility personnel.