FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 7, 2017
ASHE congratulates award recipients
CHICAGO –The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association is recognizing outstanding members for their dedication to improving the health care physical environment. ASHE will be presenting several awards during its 54th Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition August 6-9 in Indianapolis.
The Crystal Eagle award, considered ASHE’s “lifetime achievement” award, will be presented to Rajendra "Raj" N. Shah, PE, MBA, CHC, BSME, CHFM, FASHE, corporate project and plant manager at Bayonne Medical Center in Bayonne, New Jersey. Shah has contributed to the field of health care facility management in a variety of ways, including leadership roles in ASHE and several ASHE affiliated chapters. Shah has inspired many facility professionals over the course of his 35 years in the field.
The President’s Award, which is presented at the discretion of the sitting ASHE president to an individual who goes above and beyond to optimize the health care physical environment, will be presented to York Chan, CHC, SASHE, CHFM, facilities administrator for Advocate Health Care in Illinois.
Also at the Annual Conference, ASHE will recognize nearly 50 recipients of Ilse B. Almanza scholarships and members who attained senior (SASHE) and fellow (FASHE) status within ASHE. The FASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least seven years and have supported ASHE through education, leadership, and written contributions. The following members are new FASHE recipients:
- Michael A. Hatton, RPA, SMA, FASHE with Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston, Texas
- Edmund L. Lydon, CHFM, FASHE, with Beverly Hospital - A member of Lahey Health in Beverly, Massachusetts
- Terry M. Scott, MBA, CHFM, FASHE, with Memorial Hermann Health System in Houston, Texas
The SASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least five years and have supported ASHE in terms of education and leadership. The following members are new SASHE recipients:
- Laurie Anseth, CHFM, SASHE, with JLL/Main Line Health, Radnor, Pennsylvania
- Alison W. Brisson, CHFM, SASHE, with Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Bedford, New Hampshire
- David L. Fashant, CHFM, SASHE, with Fairview Health Services in Edina, Minnesota
- Kenneth Gibson, CHFM, SASHE, with Sodexo in San Diego, California
- Lynn Kenney Koffel, SASHE, with the Center for Health Design in Concord, California
- Lennon A. Peake, SASHE, with Koffel Associates in Columbia, Maryland
- Robby J. Robertson, SASHE, with Lahey Health in Burlington, Massachusetts
ASHE will also be recognizing the following emerging regional leaders from ASHE’s regions. The Emerging Regional Leader award recognizes people for their contributions to the fields of health care engineering and facilities management; planning, design, and construction; safety; clinical and biomedical engineering; and technical management.
- Region 1: Alison Brisson, CHFM, SASHE, Darthmouth-Hitchcock, Bedford, New Hampshire
- Region 2: Robert Decker, CHC, CHFM, CBRE/Medstar Harbor Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
- Region 3: Matthew C. Snow, PE, Baptist Health Paducah, Paducah, Kentucky
- Region 4: Thomas E. Gibson, CHFM, CHC, CHSP, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hallandale Beach, Florida
- Region 5: Matt E. Royal, CHFM, CHC, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Region 6: Danielle Gathje, CHFM, JLL/HealthEast-St. John's Hospital, Maplewood, Minnesota
- Region 7: Michael Joseph Wood, CHFM, CHSP, CHEP, Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas, Texas
- Region 8: Mark A. Sears, CHFM, Faith Regional Health Services, Norfolk, Nebraska
- Region 9: Mark Morucci, CHFM, CHC, Kaiser Permanente Antioch Medical Center, Antioch, California
- Region 10: Marnie Boomer, Providence Centralia Hospital, Centralia, Washington
For more information on ASHE awards, visit www.ashe.org/awards.
ASHE is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association. More than 12,500 members rely on ASHE as a key source of professional development, industry information, and advocacy, including representation on key issues that affect their work in the physical health care environment. For more information about ASHE, contact 312-422-3800 or visit www.ashe.org.