FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 11, 2016
ASHE celebrates award recipients at Annual Conference
CHICAGO—The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association is recognizing outstanding members for their dedication to improving the health care physical environment. ASHE presented several awards during its 53rd Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition July 10-13 in Denver.
The Crystal Eagle award, considered ASHE’s “lifetime achievement” award, was presented to Mark Kenneday, MBA, CHFM, FASHE, CHC, vice chancellor, campus operations, at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Kenneday, a former ASHE president, has contributed to the field in multiple ways. He authored the Health Facility Commissioning Guidelines and has worked to advocate for better codes and standards regulating hospitals. Kenneday has also inspired and mentored many facility professionals, and has helped promote the value of facility leaders to the C-Suite.
The President’s Award, which is presented at the discretion of the sitting ASHE president to an individual who goes above and beyond to optimize the health care physical environment, was presented to Michael Hatton, RPA, SMA, SASHE, CHFM, vice president, Memorial Hermann Healthcare System.
Also at the Annual Conference, ASHE presented a Professional Service Award to Clark Reed, who directs the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Healthcare Program, for his efforts in helping hospitals become more energy efficient. And ASHE recognized more than 10 recipients of the Ilse B. Almanza Scholarship Fund.
ASHE also recognized members who attained senior (SASHE) and fellow (FASHE) status within ASHE. The FASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least seven years and have supported ASHE through education, leadership, and written contributions. The following members are new FASHE recipients:
- Chad E. Beebe, AIA, CHFM, CFPS, FASHE, American Society for Healthcare Engineering, Chicago, Illinois
- Michael A. Crowley, PE, FASHE, Jensen Hughes, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Joseph A. Glaski, MBA, FASHE, Brand Services, Gales Ferry, Connecticut
The SASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least five years and have supported ASHE in terms of education and leadership. The following members are new SASHE recipients:
- Dennis Ford, SASHE, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Mark Fratto, PE, LEED AP BD+C, SASHE, Fratto Engineering, Inc., Arlington, Texas
- Richard J. Gerger, Jr., SASHE, FF Thompson Health, Canandaigua, New York
- Matthew L. Greis, SASHE, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood, Kentucky
- David LockhartCHFM, CEM, SASHE, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California
- Donald G. Paschal, SASHE, Florida Hospital—Winter Park Memorial, Winter Park, Florida
- Michael Roberts, SASHE, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Rick D. Scivally, CHFM, CHSP, CBCP, LEED AP, SASHE, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital H.E.B., Bedford, Texas
- Guy S. Shoaf, Jr., BSBA CHFM, SASHE, Copper Queen Community Hospital, Bisbee, Arizona
- John T. Wilson, SASHE, Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, Texas
ASHE leaders also announced the following emerging regional leaders from each of ASHE’s 10 regions. The Emerging Regional Leader award recognizes people for their contributions to the fields of health care engineering and facilities management; planning, design, and construction; safety; clinical and biomedical engineering; and technical management.
- Region 1: Aaron Petty, CHC, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
- Region 2: Timothy J. Dunkle, CHFM, Penn State Hershey, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Palmyra, Pennsylvania
- Region 3: Martin A. Wheatley, CHE, CHFM, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital, Greenville, Kentucky
- Region 4: Don Gay, CHFM, Tift Regional Medical Center, Tifton, Georgia
- Region 5: Brittany R. Remec, Loyola University Medical Center, Northlake, Illinois
- Region 6: Rick C. Edington, Kossuth Regional Health Center, Algona, Iowa
- Region 7: Tony L. Johnson, Acadian Medical Center, Ville Platte, Louisiana
- Region 8: Chad L. Kruse, CHFM, Valley View Hospital, Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- Region 9: Herman Johannesmeyer, PE, CHFM, Banner University Medical Center-Tucson, Arizona
- Region 10: Eric M. Rogers, Providence Health System, Colville, Washington
For more infomration, click here.
ASHE is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association. More than 12,500 members rely on ASHE as a key source of professional development, industry information and advocacy, including representation on key issues that affect their work in the physical health care environment. For more information about ASHE, contact 312-422-3800 or visit www.ashe.org.