Understanding Health Care Door Systems | Lunch & Learn
DateThu, May 04, 2023, 12:00 PM – Thu, May 04, 2023, 01:00 PM
This course provides an overview of door systems typically designed, specified, and installed in hospitals; with a primary focus on the most common applications with automatic swinging doors and Intensive Care Unit/Critical Care Unit (ICU/CCU) manual sliding doors.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, participants will have developed a basic understanding of:
- Requirements for swinging automatic door systems in a hospital environment; including activation and safety, coordination and layout
- The various designs for ICU/CCU entrances and how selected configurations impact functionality
- Code requirements for safety accessibility and egress
- Other automatic solutions for hospitals
- Larry Hamaker, PE, CDT
- Specifications Team Leader for Allegion Access Technologies
- 13 years as a practicing Professional Engineer
- More than 20 years of professional experience in the automatic door industry as a manufacturer’s representative, architectural consultant, and specification writer
- Solution delivery for in-house teams and Allegion’s architectural clients by providing quality specifications and technical support
- Primary focus, health care, retail higher education, and hospitality projects
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends as well as volunteering with Boy Scouts of America and coaching a local mountain biking team
- Brian Ha
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Lunch & Learn program and is not eligible for CEUs.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by presenters in this program should not be construed as directly representing the views of the American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE). ASHE does not endorse any products or services promoted in this program. By registering, you agree ASHE can share your contact information with the webinar sponsor.