Physical Environment Survey Readiness: Life Safety Module | May 2023 | ASHE Academy
DateMon, May 01, 2023, 08:00 AM – Mon, May 01, 2023, 05:00 PM
Member: $565 | Nonmember: $665 | Save when you bundle at ASHE Academy
Members and Non-members
This program will help health care facility professionals prepare for The Joint Commission life safety code survey. This program covers the entire survey process, regulations including NFPA codes and CMS Conditions of Participation, and common areas of deficiencies. The program is useful for those who are new to the survey process as well as those who have been through many surveys. With so many changes in regulations and new methodologies for surveys, this program provides attendees with valuable insight.
- NFPA code overview (2012 edition)
- Survey process
- Administrative Activities - Statement of Conditions
- Administrative Activities - Interim Life Safety Measures
- Health Care Occupancy:
- General Building Requirements
- Means of Egress Requirements
- Protection – Fire Alarm
- Protection – Extinguishment
- Special Provisions
- Building Services
- Operating Features
- Associated K-tags
- Related accrediting organization standards
- Gain familiarity with the survey process.
- Learn how to understand, prepare and organize the documentation needed for the survey.
- Understand the relationship between all LS standards, K-tags and applicable codes.
- Gain awareness of the most common and most critical findings along with recommendations for compliance.
- Learn strategies for compliance.