CHICAGO – The American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association is very excited to announce the launch of a new Energy to Care Dashboard Tool, offering an at-a-glance view of health care facilities’ energy use. The Energy to Care Dashboard has been designed to be highly visual to reduce user burden as much as possible: with the dashboard, monitoring and observing energy use is as simple as using a fitness tracker to monitor steps.
A successful energy management program optimizes energy performance through benchmarking, establishing reasonable goals, developing action plans, tracking program results and communicating those results with senior management. Using the new tool will only take 15 minutes a day to search for energy saving findings that can influence around half of each health care facility’s budget and add value to the organization through savings.
“With utility bills making up almost half of a facility manager’s operating budget, the impact of these energy costs on an individual hospital is huge. The new Energy to Care Dashboard is a tremendous improvement over our previous tool that will help our members easily comb through data to find energy savings for their facilities,” said ASHE Interim Executive Director Dale Woodin.
The new dashboard includes a number of features that will provide added benefits to Energy to Care participants, including:
- Clean, highly-visual and simple to use interface
- Customized information for AHA/ASHE members
- Energy to Care Award progress for each site
- Energy to Care Chapter Challenge reporting
- ENERGY STAR® Data Options
- Ability to import existing ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager data
- ENERGY STAR® logins are no longer required
- Energy and facility data can be directly uploaded with Microsoft Excel templates
- Data can be imported or exported to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- New ENERGY STAR® score widget for convenient monitoring and updates
- Energy and Cost Data Widgets
- Monthly utility bill consumption and cost database
- Energy Cost Index (ECI) monitoring
- Energy cost savings
- Energy Usage Index (EUI) monitoring
- Annual and monthly energy performance measurement and verification
- Weather data (HDD/CDD) overlays
- Utility bill fault detection:
- Gaps in data due to potentially missing utility bills
- Duplicative utility bills
- Significant increases in monthly energy consumption and cost
ASHE is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association. More than 12,500 members rely on ASHE as a key source of professional development, industry information and advocacy, including representation on key issues that affect their work in the physical health care environment. For more information about ASHE, contact 312-422-3800 or visit www.ashe.org.
About ENERGY STAR
Energy to Care is an energy reduction program for health care facility management professionals who want to add value to their organizations through energy savings. ASHE is working hard to help members set and achieve sustainability goals. To meet this objective, ASHE created trusted sustainability resources that are specifically tailored for health care facilities. Visit www.energytocare.com to learn more about the program.