DateFri, Jan 27, 2023, 08:00 AM – Fri, Jan 27, 2023, 04:00 PM
As a subcontractor or specialty contractor, it’s important to understand the complexities of working in a health care construction environment…
This virtual, instructor-led program offers training for subcontractors, specialty contractors and those who are working in the health care environment. Participants will gain knowledge of the unique intricacies of working in a hospital or other health care facility, and can showcase their participation in this program to market their subcontractor or specialty contractor services.
Topics covered in this program include risks to patients during construction; fundamentals of Life Safety and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM); infection prevention; equipment and systems unique to health care facilities; and customer and patient expectations.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the construction and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement the precautions required for construction in a health care facility to ensure safe and effective healing environments are maintained during a project.
Provided with this program:
- Certificate of course attendance that can be used to market your knowledge
- Solid preparation for certified health care physical environment worker certification examination
- Course materials that supplement your learning.
This course offer 4 CECs. Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager (CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) credential.
- Renée Jacobs, CHFM, CHC, FASHE, Business Development Manager, Healthcare, Distech Controls
Who should enroll in this program?
- Specialty contractors
- It is recommended that general contractors and construction project managers take ASHE’s Health Care Construction Workshop and that at least one person on the job site has the Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certification It is then recommended that anyone else on the job site should be a Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker.