Succession Planning: Preparing for the Future of Your Facility and Your Career
by Ed Avis
This monograph shows health care facility managers how to conduct succession planning for their departments and shows individuals in all positions how to develop a path for personal career development. The monograph shows readers how to:
- Identify key positions that required succession planning strategies
- Define the competencies required for the identified positions through accurate position summaries
- Assess current employee competencies for key positions
- Identify and develop internal resources to fill gaps in education and experience
- Cultivate external resources and relationships to fill key facility positions
- Plan for personal career growth
The Joint Commission (TJC) introduced changes to the Emergency Management (EM) standards which became effective on July 1, 2022.
Use this self-assessment tool to prepare your non-hospital business occupancies for survey by accreditations organizations.
Help prepare your facility for adverse weather-related events through this article and adverse weather checklist available to ASHE members.
Lunch and Learn
Treasure Hunt uncovers $116,600/year in potential energy savings to reallocate to patient care.