Application of NFPA 99 in Health Care Facilities
Gain guidance on how to effectively apply a category-based approach to risk assessment outlined in NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 edition.
Ensure your facility is prepared with proper documentation to successfully pass any inspection related to compliance with NFPA 99, 2012 edition, by learning a risk-based approach to systems and equipment. Discover risk-based categorization methods to risk assessment developed by facility management professionals with decades of collective experience in the field.
Register for an Upcoming Live Program
Programs may be added throughout the year, so please check back and sign up for updates! See below to register for the e-Learning program or consider hosting a program at your organization.
Learn more about the different formats available for this program. Sign up today!
Self-paced, interactive, convenient and available year-round. You have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register.Register
Host a Program
Can’t send your team off-site to get the training they need? Let us bring the educational opportunities to you! Bring ASHE’s expert faculty members to your organization.Learn more
This program will explain the latest CMS-adopted ruling of risk-based approaches to health care compliance following the requirements of NFPA 99-2012. It will review the categorization of systems and equipment managed in health care facilities. You will learn how to implement prescriptive inspection, testing and maintenance following the NFPA 99 ruling, including the proper documentation of risk assessments.
What you will learn:
- Describe risk-based approach to risk assessment in NFPA 99-2012.
- Apply risk categories to systems and equipment in health care facility.
- Prepare documentation as part of safety and emergency management.
- Discuss details of fire protection as they pertain to NFPA 99-2012 code compliance.
Why should you take the Application of the NFPA 99 course?
Review and apply systems and equipment categorization in order to successfully apply a risk-based approach to your facility’s NFPA 99-related documentation.
Ensure full compliance with CMS’s conditions of participation as outlined in NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 edition requirements.
Engage with knowledgeable, unbiased experts who share insights gained from decades successfully leading their organizations through NFPA 99-related compliance activities.
Learn how to effectively locate and apply the requirements found within NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code with emphasis on changes since 1999. Concepts covered include:
- Navigating and using the NFPA 99 code book
- Risk categorization of systems and equipment
- Medical gas and vacuum systems
- Electrical systems
- Electrical equipment
- Information and communication systems
- Plumbing systems
- Emergency management
- Security management
- Hyperbaric facilities
- Features of fire protection
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Environmental and safety managers
- Architects, designers and engineers
- Surveyors and consultants
Live Online or In-Person 1 day
- CECs: 7 CECs
- Price: ASHE Member: $565 | Nonmember: $665
Live Online or In-Person 2 days
- CECs: 12.5 CECs
- Price: ASHE Member: $815 | Nonmember: $1,015
- CECs: 16 CECs
- Price: ASHE Member: $400 | Nonmember: $500
Participants of the in-person program will receive NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, 2012 edition book.
ASHE Members Save on Registration
ASHE members save on educational programs and much more! Members benefit from best-in-class tools, products, education, and training to ensure a safe environment for workers, hospital staff, visitors, and patients.