NFPA 99 - Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems e-Learning Course
1 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
The NFPA 99 - Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems e-Learning Course reviews the minimum health care facilities requirements related to medical gas and vacuum systems, covering a broad spectrum of applications. The 2012 edition of NFPA 99 contains the most extensive changes since its inception, including the change from a standard to a code and the shift to a risk-based approach. This course examines medical gas and vacuum systems as covered by the 2012 edition of NFPA 99.
- Health care facilities managers and directors
- Medical gas technicians
- Assess risk categories for gas and vacuum systems, and apply the correct NFPA 99 requirements for each category
- Create a plan for effectively managing gas and vacuum systems
- Locate and apply the NFPA 99 requirements for gas and vacuum source equipment
- Locate and apply the NFPA 99 requirements for transfilling of oxygen equipment
- Identify acceptable locations for zone valves
- Plan for and schedule a gas or vacuum shutdown
- List or locate prescriptive testing and maintenance requirements for gas and vacuum systems required by NFPA 99.
- Explain the inspection and testing process for new installations, or where a system has been breached, including installer requirements and verification requirements.
- Review design and construction documents to ensure that requirements for installers are included based on NFPA 99.
The registration fees for the Application of NFPA 99 - Emergency Management e-Learning Course are:
- Member: $40
- Nonmember: $60
Become an ASHE member to receive the discounted rate along with all the Society has to offer!
Total: 1 CEC (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Please note that the course is self-paced, and you have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register. If you do not receive your log-in information within 24 hours, please contact ASHE at email@example.com.