DateThu, Jun 04, 2020, 12:00 PM – Thu, Jun 04, 2020, 01:00 PM
This session will focus on how to successfully integrate NFPA 101-2012, Chapter 43 and NFPA 99-2012, Chapter 4 into a health care organization's construction program. The regulatory requirements will be reviewed and the presenters will share a success story of how one health care organization implemented a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach of using NFPA's risk-based methodology. This paradigm shift in how construction projects are assessed will improve the quality of patient care and hand-offs from construction to operations, and will bridge the gap between construction, facilities services and clinical teams like never before.
- Describe NFOA 101-2012, Chapter 43, Rehabilitation Chapter
- Recognize the paradigm shift required to comply with NFPA 99-2012, Chapter 4
- Explore a process that takes the implementatin of this new NFPA code from panning and design to operations
- Hear how one hospital's implementation of these NFPA codes improved their quality of care
- Lisa Hardesty, MA, CHSP, HEM, CF-I, Principal Consultant, Joint Commission Resources
- Vince Avenatti, CMS Consultant, Joint Commission Resources