Application of NFPA 99 in Health Care Facilities e-Learning Course
NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code e-learning provides minimum health care facility requirements covering a broad spectrum of applications. The 2012 edition contains the most extensive changes since the inception of NFPA 99, including the change from a standard to a code and the shift to a risk-based approach. This course examines each topic area covered by the 2012 edition of NFPA 99.
Other codes and standards are also referenced by NFPA 99. Where pertinent, these other codes and standards will be examined during this eplearning course to provide a more complete understanding of NFPA 99 and how it is applied to health care facilities.
Topics that are discussed in this e-learning course include:
- Navigating and using NFPA 99
- System risk categories
- Gas and vacuum systems
- Gas equipment
- Electrical systems
- Electrical equipment
- Information and communication systems
- Plumbing systems
- Emergency management
- Security management
- Fire safety
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Environmental or safety managers
- Navigate through NFPA 99 with the ability to locate information
- Identify and implement prescriptive inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements located in NFPA 99
- Determine which aspects of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 pertain to new facilities, and which requirements pertain to existing facilities
- Assess a health facility’s compliance with requirements of NFPA 99
1.5 CEUs (equivalent to 15.0 contact hours)
Once registration is completed, you will receive your ASHE e-learning program website link, user name, and password within 1 hour.
Please note that the course is self-paced, and you have 90 days to complete the e-learning from the time you register. If you do not receive your log-in information within 24 hours, please contact ASHE at email@example.com.
Prefer to take this course in person?
This course is now available as a hosted program.