Fundamentals of Health Care Facility Management™
Build a strong foundation for your career as a health care facility management professional
Developed for those entering or interested in the health care facility management profession, this two-day workshop (formerly titled Boot Camp for Health Care Facility Managers) will give you a strong foundation for your future and the future of your department.
Through this workshop, you will discover the impact the physical environment has on patient outcomes, patient satisfaction and, in turn, reimbursement. You will also learn the importance of complying with the various codes and standards applicable to health care facilities. In addition, you will explore the driving factors that affect the operations and maintenance of health care facilities, including regulatory requirements, clinical needs, and financial management. By focusing on the day-to-day issues that impact you as a health care facility professional, you will return to your hospital with the insights you need to understand your role in the facility management department and the hospital setting.
Provided with this program:
- Two-day seminar
- On-site course materials
- Certificate of course completion
- New or aspiring health care facility management professionals
- Develop a plan for professional development as it relates to health care facility management.
- List key codes and standards that impact health care facility management and articulate your role in the compliance process.
- Navigate through the Life Safety Code® and explain the emergency management process.
- Describe the steps in the PDC process and how health care facility operations and construction impact infection rates.
1.25 CEUs (equivalent to 12.5 contact hours)
This program is sponsored by:
This course is available as a hosted program.