Working in Health Care e-Learning Course
4 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
As a subcontractor or specialty contractor, it’s important to understand the complexities of working in a health care construction environment.
This online course offers training for subcontractors, specialty contractors and those who are working in the health care environment. Learners will explore the unique intricacies of working in a hospital or other health care facility. This course will help participants study for the Health Care Physical Environment Worker Certification, which showcases essential health care physical environment knowledge to potential clients.
Topics covered in this program include risks to patients during construction; fundamentals of life safety and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM); infection prevention; equipment and systems unique to health care facilities; and customer and patient expectations.
- Specialty contractors
- It is recommended that general contractors and construction project managers take ASHE’s Health Care Construction Certificate Workshop and that at least one person on the job site has the Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certification. Anyone else on the job site should be a Certified Health Care Physical Environment Worker.
- Articulate factors that are unique to the construction and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Implement the precautions required for construction in a health care facility to ensure safe and effective healing environments are maintained during a project.
Provided with Program
- One-day seminar
- Downloadable course materials
- Certificate of course attendance.
- AHA CECs
- AIA LUs
The introductory registration fee for this course is 50% off:
- ASHE Member: $130 (Normally $270)
- Nonmember: $175 (Normally $360)
ASHE membership can be added during the registration process to receive the discounted rate along with all the society has to offer!
Total: 4 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)