Ventilation of Health Care Facilities: Complying with ASHRAE Standard 170
Learn how to navigate the code confusion when it comes to health care facility ventilation.
There is really only one standard for ventilation of health care facilities, and that is ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170. Unfortunately, there are different editions adopted through varying avenues. To receive hospital reimbursement, the federal government requires strict compliance with the 2008 edition of the FGI Guidelines. However, many states have adopted the 2017 edition while other states abide by older editions. This program will help you navigate this code confusion when it comes to ventilation.
- Mechanical engineers
- HVAC technicians
- Facility managers and directors
- Compliance officers
- Environmental or safety managers
- Gain a basic understanding of ventilation of health care facilities and the code requirements of the ASHE/ASHRAE 170 Standard
- Receive a comprehensive resource for compliance for new projects as well as maintaining existing systems.
- Understand how the recent regulation and adoption of the 2008 standard is used in health care facilities today, and how the new editions and addenda can be incorporated.
- Obtain continuous updates to the material as issued by ASHRAE through addenda.