Application of NFPA 101 (2012 edition) in Health Care Facilities Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
August 18, 20, 25 & 27, 2020
1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT
12.5 CECs (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
Deciphering the various requirements of the Life Safety Code® and other standards is an intricate process in health care facilities. This course will provide you with the information and resources you need to comply with the Conditions of Participation. Use this program to prepare yourself and your facility for your next survey, now that accrediting organizations are continuing survey work. After registration, access the sessions through the Learning Center by going to ASHE.org and clicking the “My Learning” link. You must register inside the Learning Center for each session prior to session start. For best audio experience, please download Adobe Connect app prior to session start and launch the session using the app (not your web browser). Downloadable materials to help you manage your life safety program include:
- Life safety charts and checklists
- Life safety index with CMS K-tags, and NFPA codes
- Quick-reference list to locate which lesson covers each code and/or standard topic
- Sample intermittent life safety management (ILSM) documents
If participants have a copy of NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code® (2012 edition), it is recommended they keep it on hand while taking the course.
Registration coming soon
- Health care facilities managers and directors
- Environmental or safety managers
- Apply the Life Safety Code® efficiently in your daily routine and develop methods to discuss life safety with others, including surveyors.
- Learn health care-specific requirements of NFPA 101®, Life Safety Code®.
- Review the reference tools and checklists needed to manage your facility's life safety program.
- Evaluate your facilities for compliance and ensure they are safe for patient care and support a healing environment.
The introductory registration fee for this course is 50% off:
- Member: $350 (normally $695)
- Nonmember: $450 (normally $895)
ASHE membership can be added during the registration process to receive the discounted rate along with all the society has to offer!
- Four 4-hour learning sessions
- Downloadable course materials
- Certificate of course attendance
- CHC renewal (type code 2, 3)
- CHFM renewal (type code 2, 3)
- AIA LUs
Total: 12.5 CEC (1 CEC = 1 contact hour)
William Koffel, PE, FSFPE, SASHE
Koffel Associates Inc.
Bill Koffel, PE, FSFPE, is president of Koffel Associates, a fire protection and life safety engineering design and consulting firm, and he is recognized as an expert in the fire protection and life safety aspects of codes and standards. Koffel Associates, headquartered in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area, provides consulting, engineering design and construction administration, codes and standards development, seminar development and training, product testing and evaluation/representation, and litigation support to public and private clients worldwide. Bill remains active in the development process of the field’s governing codes, standards and design guidelines including the International Code Council (ICC), NFPA, Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and Underwriters Laboratory (UL). As a former code official with the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, he has conducted licensure, certification, and accreditation surveys of various health care facilities. Bill serves on numerous NFPA technical committees, including the Life Safety Technical Committee on Health Care Occupancies, and serves as the chair of the Life Safety Technical Correlating Committee.
Registration coming soon