Guidance from Industry Organizations
American Society for Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- For addenda to the 2008 and 2013 editions of ASHRAE 170: Ventilation of Health Care Facilities, visit the ASHRAE website.
- For errata to the 2008 and 2013 editions of ASHRAE 170, visit this ASHRAE webpage.
- For interpretations on the 2008 edition of ASHRAE 170, visit this ASHRAE webpage.
- For interpretations on the 2013 edition of ASHRAE 170, visit this ASHRAE webpage.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Fire Smoke Zone Evaluation Worksheet for Health Care Facilities (2003)
- Fire and Life Safety Survey Report for Health Care Facilities (2003)
- Fire Safety Survey Report - Ambulatory Surgery Centers (2007)
- Statement of Deficiencies and Plan for Correction (1999)
- Fire Safety Survey (2013)
- CMS Survey & Certification memoranda
Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI)
The following information is available for the 2006 and 2010 editions of the Guidelines for Design and Construction of Health Care Facilities:
- Formal interpretations, 2006 edition
- Formal interpretations, 2010 edition
- Errata sheets (first and second printings), 2006 edition
- Errata sheet, 2010 edition
The following information is available for the 2014 edition of the Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities:
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- NFPA 101: NFPA 101 Formal Interpretations, 2000 edition (2002)
- NFPA 101: Discounted Quick Compare™ document (book and online tool) available for ASHE members
- NFPA 99:
- All NFPA codes: Visit ASHE’s Health Care Interpretations Task Force webpage for interpretations of the NFPA codes and standards applied to health care facilities.
United States Pharmacopeia (USP)