FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Deanna Martin
ASHE recognizes hospitals for cutting energy consumption
CHICAGO – More than 20 hospitals have earned an Energy to Care Award for their work to slash energy use, reduce operational costs, and free up more resources for patient care. The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association recognized the hospitals’ efforts at its 52nd Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition July 12-15 in Boston.
The Energy to Care program, sponsored by Johnson Controls, encourages hospitals across the country to reduce their energy consumption by 10 percent or more over their baseline energy consumption. Since 2009, hospitals participating in the Energy to Care program have tracked more than $67 million in energy savings.
The free program includes a robust energy benchmarking tool in addition to the awards. ASHE congratulates the following hospitals for their leadership in reducing energy consumption:
- Carolinas HealthCare System Behavioral Health-Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Morganton, Morganton, North Carolina
- Carolinas HealthCare System Lincoln, Lincolnton, North Carolina
- Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Caromont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia, North Carolina
- Indiana Regional Medical Center, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- Excela Health Latrobe Hospital, Latrobe, Pennsylvania
- Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
- Hardin Memorial Hospital, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Plaza 3, Houston, Texas
- Memorial Hermann Northeast Medical Plaza 1, Humble, Texas
- Memorial Hermann Prevention and Recovery Center, Houston, Texas
- Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Heart and Vascular Institute, Houston, Texas
- Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Medical Plaza 1, Sugar Land, Texas
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Plaza 2, The Woodlands, Texas
- Memorial Hermann TIRR, Houston, Texas
- Mercy Hospital Lebanon, Lebanon, Missouri
- Midland Memorial Hospital, Midland, Texas
- Swedish Covenant Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, Gainesville, Florida
- UF Health Shands Psychiatric/Rehab Hospital, Gainesville, Florida
- UW Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin
Visit www.energytocare.com to learn more about the program.
# # #
ASHE is a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association. More than 11,000 members count ASHE as a key source of professional development, industry information, and advocacy, including representation on key issues that affect their work in the physical health care environment. For more information about ASHE, contact 312-422-3800 or visit ashe.org.