Application of NFPA 99 in Health Care Facilities
NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code provides minimum health care facility requirements covering a broad spectrum of applications. The 2012 edition contains the most extensive changes since the inception of NFPA 99, including the change from a standard to a code and the shift to a risk-based approach. This course examines each topic area covered by the 2012 edition of NFPA 99.
Other codes and standards are also referenced by NFPA 99. Where pertinent, these other codes and standards will be examined during this course to provide a more complete understanding of NFPA 99 and how it is applied to health care facilities.
Topics that are discussed in this course include:
- Navigating and using NFPA 99
- System risk categories
- Gas and vacuum systems
- Gas equipment
- Electrical systems
- Electrical equipment
- Information and communication systems
- Plumbing systems
- Emergency management
- Security management
- Fire safety
- Health care facility managers and directors
- Environmental or safety managers
- Navigate through NFPA 99 with the ability to locate information
- Identify and implement prescriptive inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements located in NFPA 99
- Determine which aspects of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 pertain to new facilities, and which requirements pertain to existing facilities
- Assess a health facility’s compliance with requirements of NFPA 99
1.6 CEUs (equivalent to 16.0 contact hours)
Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager (CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) credential.
Once registration is completed, you will receive your ASHE e-learning program website link, user name, and password within two business days. You will have 60 days from the time you log in to your e-learning account to complete the program. If you do not receive your log-in information within 48 business hours, please contact ASHE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Public Programs
Registration coming soon.
In-Person Hosted Program:
The two-day course provides an overview of the 2012 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code.Emphasis is placed on application of thecode in health care facilities. The course includes lecture, discussion and interactive exercises.
The course is facilitated and presented by an ASHE faculty team. Handout material is provided to enhance the educational experience and to assist with practical application of NFPA 99 requirements.