Health Care Construction (HCC) Certificate Workshop
NEW and IMPROVED in 2017!
This program has been updated to reflect the 2012 Life Safety Code®.
Market your knowledge of working in a health care environment.
The ASHE Health Care Construction (HCC) Certificate shows that you have been trained to work in the health care construction environment, and can help you position yourself as a desirable candidate for health care construction jobs.
Completely updated to include the latest ruling from CMS, the HCC Workshop combines an e-learning course and a two-day seminar. The program offers education with a comprehensive risk management approach to critical topics in health care construction, including: the health care planning, design, and construction process; Life Safety Code® compliance; construction risk assessment (including general risks and a special focus on infection risks); mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP); medical gas systems; medical technology; and project expectations.
You will gain an understanding of the latest compliance issues in health care construction, and learn what owners, staff, and patients expect of constructors working in the health care environment.
Provided with this program:
- Access to the e-learning program
- Two-day seminar
- On-site course materials
- Certificate of course completion
Please note: The Health Care Construction Certificate is not to be confused with an independent certification program (ex. Certified Healthcare Constructor or “CHC”) and/or designation. The certificate from this program does not require an exam nor does it expire.
The registration fees for the Health Care Construction Certificate (HCC) Workshop include registration for the e-learning course, registration for the HCC program and all materials for the program. The fees are:
- ASHE Member: $765
- Additional ASHE Member: $690
- Nonmember of ASHE: $915
- Additional Nonmember of ASHE: $840
Seminar / Member Package (includes fee plus one year’s membership in ASHE):
- Professional Active Member (individuals employed by an American Hospital Association member institution) - $915 new member or renew membership
- Associate Member (individuals that provide professional, technical or consulting services, not healthcare providers) - $965 new member or renew membership
- General contractors
- Health care equipment providers
- Health care facility managers
- Construction project managers
- Infection preventionists wanting to learn more about construction
- Articulate factors that are unique to the planning, design, construction, and renovation of health care facilities and implement best practices based on those factors.
- Identify codes and standards compliance issues that are impacted during planning, design, construction, renovation, and implement measures to ensure compliance.
- Understand how to assess construction risks, develop mitigating strategies, monitor the effectiveness of those strategies, and determine documentation requirements.
- Prepare a sample comprehensive risk mitigation plan based on a real life project that can be used to form the foundation of your next health care construction project.
- Facilitate and effectively participate in communication with the health care construction or renovation project team and stakeholders.
1.45 CEUs (equivalent to 14.5 contact hours)
Credit hours can be used toward the renewal of the Certified Health Care Facility Manager (CHFM) credential and the Certified Health Care Constructor (CHC) credential.
Search the database for all Health Care Construction (HCC) Certificate holders (Updated: May 10, 2016).
Hosted by ABC Virginia
Canadian HCC hosted by CHES/SCISS
St. John’s NL
Canadian HCC hosted by BTEA NY
New York, NY
Canadian HCC hosted by CHES/SCISS
City TBD ON
Hosted by ICRA Solutions, LLC
Hosted by ABC Keystone
*Dates and locations subject to change
This course is also available as a hosted program.