Beyond Competency: Health Facility Leadership Skills Development Program
From the boiler room to the board room…
You are a wiz when it comes to the technical operations of your health care facility. Now how do you communicate the happenings and value of facility operations with others in your organization, specifically the C-suite?
In this workshop, you will work through real world examples and engage in interactive discussions to develop your soft skills, or business communication skills. Soft skills can help you better communicate with executives, doctors, nurses, and anyone else in your health care organization. If you are a manager or a director, the skills covered in this workshop can help you effectively engage your employees. If you are not yet a manager, this workshop can help prepare you for a management role. Sign up for Beyond Competency: Health Facility Leadership Skills Development, and help take your career to the next level.
ASHE Member: $625
Additional ASHE Member: $550
Additional Nonmember: $700
Seminar / Member Package (includes fee plus one year’s membership in ASHE):
Professional Active Member: (individuals directly employed by health care institutions [i.e., an organization that provides direct patient care] or hold a valid Certified Healthcare Facility Manager certification - $750 new member or renew membership.
Associate Member: (individuals that provide professional, technical, or consulting services, not health care providers) - $800 new member or renew membership.
This workshop is available as a one or two-day course:
Foundation Curriculum (Two-Day Program)
- Level Setting (45 minutes)
- Management and Communication (6 hours)
- Simple Business Writing (3.5 hours)
- Managing the Chaos of Change (3.5 hours)
Contemporary Curriculum (One-Day Program)
- Multi-Generational Workplace (3 hours)
- Engage Your Employees (3 hours)
- Program Implementation & Execution (1.5 hours)
Provided with this program:
- One or two-day workshop
- On-site course materials and handouts
- Certificate of course completion
- Health care facility managers, directors, and supervisors
- Facility department employees being groomed for future leadership positions
- Evaluate your interpersonal communication skills and learn how to further refine them.
- Discover how to translate the technical information of health care facility operations to a language that anyone can understand.
- Discuss real life examples with the session leaders and other attendees.
- Learn how to apply the soft skills training in your respective role at your health care facility.
0.7 CEUs (equivalent to 7 contact hours) for one-day program
1.25 CEUs (equivalent to 12.5 contact hours) for two-day program
This program is held in collaboration with: