SUNDAY, JULY 15, 2018
Saturday Sunday Monday
7 am – 1:30 P.M.
Chapter Leadership Forum
8 A.M. – 4 P.M. | Preconference Programs
Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) Exam Review Program – SOLD OUT
Terry Parish, SASHE, CHFM, CHC, CHSP, Corporate Director Regulatory Compliance, Columbus Regional Healthcare System
Note: Attending this course does not register you to take the CHFM exam. Click here to access the application for the CHFM Exam being administered on-site at the ASHE Annual Conference by the AHA Certification Center. An additional fee is required for this workshop.
This preconference program, and select sessions throughout the ASHE Annual Conference, will help you prepare to take the CHFM exam. Through a combination of lectures, CHFM-formatted practice test questions, and study materials, you will gain confidence in your knowledge in each of the exam's five competency areas.
- Apply knowledge and experience in answering application and analysis questions
- Implement suggestions for preparing for the CHFM exam
- Identify the topic areas that are strengths
- Assess readiness to take the CHFM exam
Door Inspection and Maintenance Workshop – SOLD OUT
Keith E. Pardoe, FDAI, DAHC, CDC, CDT, President, Pardoe Consulting, LLC; James Peterkin, PE, LEED AP, Senior Life Safety Consultant, Fire Protection, TLC Engineering for Architecture
With so many changes in the way the authorities having jurisdiction are looking at doors and door maintenance programs, this session is essential for in-house technicians. The codes do not require special training to inspect or maintain facility doors; this program will ensure you are in compliance when surveyed and that you are well versed in the door maintenance program when discussing it with surveyors.
Attendees will receive a copy of ASHE’s Inspecting and Maintaining Swinging Doors Handbook: A How-to Guide to Egress and Fire Door Safety, a book written specifically for health care facilities.
- Identify the regulations behind swinging doors and how they apply
- Customize a program to your facility to provide continuous door maintenance
- Apply techniques to properly check and maintain doors
- Practice survey techniques to identify the deficiencies often cited by surveyors
Physical Environment Survey Readiness Program
David A. Dagenais, CHSP, CHFM, FASHE, Director of Plant Operations/Safety Officer, Wentworth/Douglass Hospital
ASHE’s new Physical Environment Survey Readiness Program prepares attendees for their next survey. This special one-day version of the course gives a high-level overview of the survey process and a look into the mind of a surveyor. Attendees will gain insight into the methodology used by survey teams and deepen their understanding of the rules and regulations and most likely citations. Information will be organized in a manner you can take back and immediately put to use.
- Prepare for your next life safety or emergency management survey
- Identify the areas of focus of the surveying organizations
- Create a plan to ensure continuous compliance with physical environment standards
- Discover the hot survey issues for the coming year
4:30 – 6 P.M.
New Member/First-Time Attendee Reception & Orientation
New members and first-time Annual Conference attendees are invited to network with ASHE’s Board of Directors, volunteer leaders, and staff. Learn how to become involved in ASHE and see what ASHE can do for you! If you are a new member or first-time Annual Conference attendee, don’t miss this reception.
6 – 8 P.M.
Kick off the 55th ASHE Annual Conference by attending the Welcome Reception! Attendees, exhibitors, and guests are welcome to attend this fun and relaxed event. Meet and mingle with friends and colleagues and enjoy drinks and heavy appetizers.